IIT invites qualified senior applicants to submit their CVs for a Technologist position within the bio photonic laboratory, Centre for Nano Science and Technology IIT@PoliMi, Italy.
He/she will facilitate the use and development of the bio photonic lab according to IIT ‘s scientific requirements. The bio photonic lab includes optical spectroscopy and microscopy (spectrophotometer, spectrophluoremeter, confocal PL), CW modulation spectroscopy, Raman spectroscopy, 0rganic semiconductor deposition techniques (Spin coating, vacuum evaporation), Time resolved Photoluminescence, Electrophysiology set-up and Cell culturing facility.
Profile: a sound experience, with at least 5 years of post-doctoral activity supported by an established track record of publications, in medium/high impact factor journals related to bio organic electronics and photonics, organic electronics and spectroscopy of organic semiconductors. Moreover, a basic understanding of bio physics, especially regarding cell membranes and cell stimulation, and a basic understanding of in-vivo protocols will be positively considered.
A PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or a related field is mandatory. Fluency in English is essential.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Coordination of the activities in the bio photonic lab.
- Managing instrumentation, including maintenance and repair.
- Interfacing between the laboratory and external collaborators, such as neuroscientist and medical doctors.
- Advising on and assisting in the selection, purchase, installation and commissioning of new equipment.
- Involvement in undergraduate and postgraduate tutoring and supervision.
Our offer: salary and benefits will be in line with international standards.